|Roast chicken with tuscan salad|
Fact 7: Chicken can adapt to any kind of environment and food, from mountains to jungles.
Recipe 7: Roasted chicken Tuscan style.
4 chicken breast (skin on and bone attached)
2 roasted red peppers (sliced)
4 plum tomatoes.
3 basil sprigs
1 garlic clove (sliced)
4 tbps olive oil
1 tsp sherry vinegar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp butter
Garlic Croutons (optional)
1. Peel 2 tomatoes, first making a little cross in the bottom of each tomato. Blanch in boiling water for 50 seconds, remove and put in a bowl of iced water. Take out and remove the skins. Quarter and scrape out the pulp and seeds into a food processor. At the end you will finish with a tomato petals, half them and set aside. Now chop the rest of the tomatoes add to the food processor and whiz for 40 seconds. Strain throughout a sieve into a bowl.
2. Now whisk your tomato juice with sherry vinegar, 2 tbsp. olive oil and a pinch of salt.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan a medium heat. Meanwhile season the chicken with salt and pepper. Start to cook the chicken skin side down for 5 minutes, turn the breasts and add the butter, when is melted spoon over the chicken. Cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the chicken to a baking tray and finishes cooking in the oven, the time will around 10 minutes. When the chicken is done, retreive from the oven, cover and leave to rest.
5. Now put the slices of roast pepper, tomato petals, garlic and basil into a bowl and drizzle with your tomato sauce of step 1.
6. In warm plates arrange the chicken breast top with the tomato- pepper salad on top, and sprinkle over the croutons.